Friday, October 7, 2011

Let's try again!

Thank you Sarah for trying to post the pictures. Hopefully this time we can see them!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sewing. Mostly quilts-I don't have mad skills like Sarah to make booties, clothes and other things (sewing corners SCARE me!). But hopefully one day, some of her talent will rub off on me!
I started my first quilt with a kit in July of 2006 and the rest is history. To date I have made 34 quilts with 5 more in the works. By the end of the year I will have made 39 quilts in 5 1/2 years!

I will be posting new quilts every couple of days. These are all Pre 2011. Some I don't have pictures of (I sent them off before I could get a picture). But I'll post the ones I have!

This is one I made with my sister Julie. It looks pieced but it is actually a panel that I quilted to make it look pieced. The back is chocolate minky-ohhh minky! But was actually a quilting night nightmare (quilting minky on my machine and trying to quilt details). Needless to say, it took me about a year before I could look at it again!


I found this kit on clearance and it went together REALLY fast. I LOVE kits!

This is what started it all! I bought this kit and made this for Luke when he was born.
I made this for Claire when she was born. It fabric beautiful and I loved the appliqued flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment